OSHA Outreach Training Programs
Individuals who complete OSHA Trainer courses are authorized to teach OSHA 10-hour and 30-hour courses in Construction, General Industry, Maritime, and a 15-hr Disaster Site Worker. Authorized OSHA Trainers may request OSHA cards for their students.
If you are already an Region X OSHA Outreach Trainer, bookmark this page as an essential tool for staying current on OSHA Training requirements.
Outreach Trainer Resources
- New in 2019! Updated Outreach Training Program Requirements and Industry Procedures have been released by OSHA. (01/04/2019)
- Summary of changes to the Outreach Training Program Requirements (01/04/2019)
- Class Record Retention Requirements & Resources for Outreach Trainers (01/04/2019)
- Trainer Reauthorization Change: OSHA has eliminated the 90-day grace period for reauthorizing Outreach Trainers effective Jan. 1, 2019. More information on this rule change is available here. (07/13/18)
All Region X Outreach Trainers are required to preregister their OSHA courses at least 2 weeks prior to holding the course.
Follow the steps below to preregister your course online or click here to download step-by-step instructions.
- Login, or click the green "Your Account" button
- Click the "For Trainers" tab, then select the course
- Complete Preregistration Information on line
- Click the Preregister button to save the form
- Your course will be immediately noted as preregistered on your "For Trainers" tab
- If a course you have preregistered is cancelled, please contact us by phone or email and we can remove it from your account page for you
If your start date is in less than two weeks,
- Print and complete this Preregistration form
- Email or fax the Preregistration form as soon as possible
- Your course will be noted as preregistered on your account page within 3 business days
Online card orders must be submitted within 30 days of your course end date. After 30 days, you must email, fax or mail the appropriate report (see below) to us with payment.
Follow the steps below to order cards online or click here to download step-by-step instructions.
- Once your Outreach course is completed, Login or click the green "Your Account" button
- Click the "For Trainers" tab, then locate the course in the "Ready for Card Orders" section and click the "Order Cards" button
- Complete the Outreach Training Program Report, then click the "Save and Order Cards" button
- Enter the student names and submit payment
- You will receive your Cards within 30 days after payment. Cards cost $8 per card.
- Student names will be printed on the Outreach cards.
- You are responsible for distributing cards to your students and retaining copies of the front and back of each card.
- Cards must be distributed to students within 90 days of course delivery. If you are unable to submit your Outreach Report on-line, please mail or fax the appropriate report (see below) to us with payment
- 2019 Outreach Training Program Requirements
- Construction Industry Procedures (Jan. 2019)
- Construction Focus Four instructor guides, PowerPoints and handouts are available for download from the OSHA website. To download the Construction Focus Four tests and instructor answer keys, log in to your account and select the "For Trainers" tab.
- General Industry Procedures (Jan. 2019)
- Disaster Site Worker Procedures (Jan. 2019)
- Maritime Industry Procedures (Jan. 2019)
Replacement Card Form ($25/card)