|Jan 26, 2022 to Jan 28, 2022||Online Video Conference||Details|
|Feb 14, 2022 to Feb 16, 2022||Portland||Details|
|May 2, 2022 to May 4, 2022||Seattle||Details|
|May 25, 2022 to May 27, 2022||Online Video Conference||Details|
|Jul 11, 2022 to Jul 13, 2022||Online Video Conference||Details|
|Sep 12, 2022 to Sep 14, 2022||Portland||Details|
|Oct 26, 2022 to Oct 28, 2022||Online Video Conference||Details|
This course is designed for Outreach Training Program trainers who have completed the OSHA #500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry and are authorized trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program. The course provides an update on OSHA Construction Standards, policies, and regulations. Upon course completion students will have the ability to demonstrate continued professional development in their field by applying effective adult learning principles and interactive training techniques to clearly identify, define, and explain construction industry hazards and acceptable corrective measures as they continue to teach the 10- and 30-hour Construction Outreach Training Program classes.
Construction Industry Outreach Trainers are required to attend this course once every four years to maintain their authorized trainer status. The OSHA #500 course also may be used to maintain a trainer's authorized status.
- Outreach Trainers may attend the OSHA #502 Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers course only if their trainer authorization has not expired.
- Prior to registration, students must provide a copy of their current construction industry Outreach Training Program trainer card or an official transcript showing successful completion of the OSHA #500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Construction for verification of trainer status.
- If an Outreach Trainer's authorization has expired, the former trainer must satisfy the prerequisite requirements to renew their trainer status; i.e. submit a completed OSHA Trainer Course Prerequisite Verification Form, recomplete the OSHA #500 trainer course, and if it has been more than 7 years since the completion of the OSHA #510 construction standards course, retake the OSHA #510 course also.
- You must apply using your legal name. (To update the name associated with your account, go to your account.)
- Download the OSHA Outreach Trainer Prerequisite Verification Form, and because this is an update course, you only need to fill it out pages 1 and 5. Please note, the documents must be submitted from the account of the trainer who is applying to attend the update course. Someone else may not be submit the documents on the behalf of the trainer.
- Upload the prerequisite verification documents using the Upload link on the location specific course registration page.
- You will be contacted by email if you are approved to register.