Annual Refresher for Hazardous Waste Sites is an 8-hour course designed for private and public sector employees who work at sites covered by OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Final Rule (29 CFR 1910.120). This course requires that individuals have completed a 40-hour initial course as listed in 29 CFR 1910.120(2)(3). Group exercises, lectures, and a case study will provide students with real-life approaches to hazardous waste site operations.
At the completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Identify and characterize physical, chemical, biological, and radiological hazards.
- Select and use proper personal protective equipment.
- Implement basic decontamination procedures.
- Develop site specific safety and health plans.
- Identify the components of medical monitoring program.
This course is targeted towards industrial hygienists, environmental health professionals, and those responsible for worker safety and health at hazardous waste sites who have taken the basic 40-hour course.
American Board of Industrial Hygiene Certification Maintenance can be obtained for this activity. See the ABIH website for CM credit criteria.