As the popularity of social media continues to grow, it has become an essential tool for engagement with customers, stakeholders, employees, and prospects. During this 1-day course, we will explore social media’s role in a thriving workplace safety culture, as well as key outreach and business applications from a health and safety standpoint. Participants will complete a hands-on workshop to design their professional social media presence and learn how to use the most popular platforms.
View the Course Flyer.
Course registration begins 8:15am with course running 8:30am-5:00pm.
• Apply social media tools to engage your workforce and the community in injury and illness prevention.
• Define your brand, audience, and goals for social media.
• Develop a one-month social media roll out plan to meet your brand and outreach goals in health and safety, including tools for long-term social media strategies.
• Describe how professionals in a variety of industries are using social media to meet their outreach, recruitment, engagement, and health and safety communication goals.
• Explain how social media can shape the future of health and safety communications, and be able to employ innovative tools for sharing your message.
Professionals in a safety or management role, who are interested in incorporating social media into their safety program or outreach strategy, are encouraged to attend this course. This course is also pertinent to business owners, safety professionals, industrial hygienists, environmental health and safety directors, safety committee members, risk managers, marketing managers, communications professionals, human resources professionals, recruiters, safety consultants, and regulators.