Take advantage of BOGO pricing - now through October 6, 2021!
Employers and business owners can now register a second employee for just $995! In order to complete your BOGO registration, you must contact us at email@example.com or 206-685-3089 to register both attending parties.
Today’s leaders in environmental health and safety are looking for new ways to go beyond technical ability and effectively motivate others in their organizations to become ‘change agents’ in the pursuit of reducing worker illnesses and injuries. This development program is designed to provide the following to current and emerging leaders in health and safety:
- Share your current leadership challenges in the workplace and exchange perspectives with peers in the industry. This is a unique opportunity to meet regularly with members of the health and safety community to learn from, and alongside, one another.
- Apply leadership and coaching skills in real-time with feedback from experts in peer-coaching and leadership research.
- Expand current leadership strengths by setting an effective goal to continue building.
- Learn foundational evidence-based models, frameworks, and tools for developing your own leadership including:
- Leader Developmental Readiness - learn more about four core capabilities for all leaders at all levels, and gain skills to motivate others to be safer in the workplace.
- Full-Range Leadership - learn four transformational leadership capabilities that you can grow and develop over the life of your career.
- Psychological Capitol - Understand how to better support mental health in the workplace through the application of techniques around Psychological Capital and Emotional Optimization. Develop positive practices for creating inclusive and collaborative team environments.Leadership skills are a priority for safety professionals who are designing and implementing interventions to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses.
This is one of currently three courses offered as part of the Leadership Academy for occupational health and safety professionals seeking to improve their leadership skills in order to transform the safety culture in their organization.
This Full Range Leadership Development course is anchored in the Center for Leadership and Strategic Thinking’s Leadership Development Blueprint. This development framework was formed using over 20 years of research practice focusing on leadership. The course will be delivered remotely over twenty weeks and will include a series of live, interactive video conference sessions, and three surveys designed to measure a broad range of leadership styles.
Course Dates: October 7, 2021 - February 24, 2022
The course consists of ten 2-hour online modules, occurring about twice a month, on Thursday afternoons 3pm-5pm Pacific Time via live video conferencing using Zoom.
Module dates: Oct 7, Oct 21, Nov 4, Nov 18, Dec 2, Dec 16, Jan 13, Jan 27, Feb 10, Feb 24. All modules are 3pm-5pm Pacific Time.
Questions about the course? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
About the Instructor:
Molly Breysse Cox, MA, PhD, is excited to serve as your instructor for this Transformation Leadership Academy. Dr. Breysse Cox has over 20 years of change management work experience with Fortune 500 companies. This includes leadership positions in IT, Operations, Customer Service, Product Management, and Marketing. She joined the University of Washington Foster School of Business Center for Leadership and Strategic Thinking (CLST) team in 2014 as a Leadership Development Coach, member of the Game Team and Instructor for MGMT 300 in the University of Washington Foster School of Business. Dr. Breysse Cox has experience in transformational change projects including designing and deploying new technology, organizational change and leadership development. In addition she was chosen in 2008 as the recipient of Women in Technology International’s Leadership Award for leadership in support of women in IT.
Featured Guest Lecturer:
Bruce Avolio, Executive Director of CLST in the Foster School of Business at UW Professor of Management, Mark Pigott Chair in Business Strategic Leadership
ZOOM VIDEO CONFERENCE FORMAT
Connectivity requirements to attend the course:
(1) a high speed internet connection
(2) a desktop or laptop computer from which to work, i.e. a cellphone connection is insufficient
(3) an active webcam or onboard camera
(4) an active audio connection via either a computer microphone or separate telephone connection
In the event you cannot attend a course you have registered for, there are a few options -- you can either cancel your registration, transfer your registration to another course or send a substitute in your place.
If you choose to cancel, we must receive your cancellation in writing (mail, fax, or email) with at least 1 week notice. Refunds will be issued, minus a $100 cancellation fee. If you do not cancel or are a no-show for the course, your tuition fees are forfeited.
If you choose to transfer your registration, please state the course you are transferring out of, the course you are transferring into, and the reason for the transfer. Transferring to another course is granted only twice per course registration. If you are unable to attend the course after the second transfer, the above cancellation fees and policy applies.