The Essentials of Hazardous Waste Management Course is intended for experienced individuals who have been assigned duties or responsibilities related to management of hazardous materials and wastes. This course is intended to prepare individuals for the Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) exam by giving attendees an overview of the topics, taught by instructors with extensive experience in the field.
View the Course Flyer
View the Course Agenda
Upon course completion attendees will be able to:
• Describe the core scientific foundations of hazardous materials
• Discuss the key regulatory requirements of hazardous waste management and transportation
• Explain risks, auditing, and liability issues and solutions related to environmental auditing
• Utilize management systems and tools for hazardous materials management
• State best practices for waste minimization, pollution prevention, and underground storage tank management
• Discuss HAZWOPER emergency response planning, procedures, and corrective actions
This course is presented in cooperation with the Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Alliance of Hazardous Materials
Professionals (PNWC AHMP). For more information about PNWC AHMP or the CHMM Certification please visit www.ahmpnet.org.
Technicians, engineers, scientists, environmental health and safety professionals, facility supervisors and managers, regulators, and any individual preparing for the CHMM exam.
** Discounted registration available for government employees **
Government employees interested in this course, please click here