This course is FULL.
Please consider one of the other class times listed above, and/or add your name to the wait list for future TBD course dates.
SCHEDULE of Tuesday morning, September 29, 2020
8:00 am to 12:00 pm Pacific Time
3.5 hours of instruction plus breaks
ZOOM VIDEO CONFERENCE FORMAT
Required: broadband internet connection and a desktop or laptop computer with a microphone and camera.
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) in partnership with the Pacific Northwest OSHA Education Center at the University of Washington is offering free comprehensive training on OSHA’s Silica standard for the construction industry.
This course covers the development and implementation of controls and strategies to prevent or mitigate silica exposures in construction industries. Course topics include:
- Describing employer responsibilities and employee rights under the OSH Act
- Describing OSHA inspection process
- Describing the requirements of OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica standard
- Review of the construction materials that commonly contain silica
- Recognizing the health hazards and risks
- Recognizing how workers are exposed to silica
- Describing the training requirements
- Describing the employer compliance and assessment options through implementation of engineering controls, work practice controls and PPE
- How to development an effect exposure control plan
- Describing the respiratory protection requirements
- Review of State plan silica standards will be addressed
- A comprehensive list of resources available from various agencies and associations will be provided
This material was produced by The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) under the grant SH-05111-SH9 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.