Join the APHA Occupational Health and Safety Section: July 29, 2021, 10am – 2pm (Pacific Time)
Building Bridges to Advance Policy & Action in Occupational Health & Safety
Engage with members of the APHA Occupational Health and Safety Section to discuss the APHA policy process, identify ways to strengthen partnerships and seek action to protect worker health at local, state and federal levels.
The purpose of this mid-year event is to improve our understanding of the APHA policy -making process and policy implementation to advance occupational health, equity and well-being for ALL workers. We welcome all members, and non-members, to come participate in a conversation to explore the relevance, use and feasibility of an APHA policy on decent work- perceptions, gaps and opportunities for a future agenda.
Review the Conference Agenda
Date: July 29, 2021, 10am – 2pm (Pacific Time)
Start time: 1:00PM Eastern/12:00PM Central/11:00AM Mountain/10:00 AM Pacific
Cost: Standard registration $50. Student registration $20. Proceeds raise money for the OHS Scholarship Fund. Opportunities to participate are available for those unable to pay. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request more info.
* THIS PAGE is for STUDENT registration *
* Visit the STANDARD registration page for standard registration *
- Explain the development of APHA policies, including time line of action and review.
- Describe the history of OHS policies and how they were developed and implemented to protect worker health and safety.
- List ways to use OHS policies in action with workers, government, industry, advocates, students and colleagues.
- Discuss relevance, use and feasibility of an APHA policy on decent work.
Presented in collaboration with APHA OHS Section, the Great Lakes Center for Occupational Health and Safety at the University of Illinois Chicago and the Northwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety at the University of Washington.