This course is designed for Outreach Training Program trainers who have completed OSHA #500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry and are authorized trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program. The course provides an update on OSHA Construction Standards, policies, and regulations. Upon course completion students will have the ability to demonstrate continued professional development in their field by applying effective adult learning principles and interactive training techniques to clearly identify, define, and explain construction industry hazards and acceptable corrective measures as they continue to teach the 10- and 30-hour Construction Outreach Training Program classes.
Construction Industry Outreach Trainers are required to attend this course once every four years to maintain their active trainer status. The OSHA #500 course also may be used to maintain a trainer's authorized status.
- Outreach Trainers may attend the OSHA #502 Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers course only if their trainer authorization has not expired.
- Prior to registration, students must provide a copy of their current construction industry Outreach Training Program trainer card or an official transcript showing successful completion of the OSHA #500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Construction for verification of trainer status.
- If an Outreach Trainer's authorization has expired, the former trainer must satisfy the prerequisite requirements to renew their trainer status; i.e. submit a completed OSHA Trainer Course Prerequisite Verification Form, recomplete the OSHA #500 trainer course, and if it has been more than 7 years since the completion of the OSHA #510 construction standards course, retake the OSHA #510 course also.
- To Apply, follow the directions in the green box above.
October 20–22, 2021
8:30 am to 3:30 pm Pacific Time | Wednesday–Friday
WHAT TO BRING:
You will need to bring a government issued photo ID.
You will be assigned an OSHA Construction Outreach Training Program topic to present in class. Please bring any teaching or technical aids that will assist your training techniques, such as a laptop computer with PowerPoint capabilities.
ZOOM VIDEO CONFERENCE FORMAT
Connectivity requirements to attend the class:
(1) a high speed internet connection
(2) a desktop or laptop computer from which to work, i.e. a cellphone connection is insufficient
(3) an active webcam or onboard camera
(4) an active audio connection via either a computer microphone or separate telephone connection
Please note, registration for this online class is generally restricted to residents or employees within OSHA Region 10 (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska). Please contact us regarding your eligibility to attend the class.